1985 – Ivan and Nikita Koloff won the NWA World Tag Team Championship over Dusty Rhodes and Manny Fernandez in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
1995 – ECW Extreme Warfare was held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In a Gauntlet match Tommy Dreamer beat Tony Stetson, Johnny Hot Body, and Stevie Richards before losing the match to Raven. Elsewhere on the card 2 Cold Scorpio defeated Dean Malenko to win the ECW World Television Championship and in the main event Terry Funk and The Sandman were victorious against Cactus Jack and Shane Douglas.
2001 – In Jacksonville, Florida, WCW held ‘Greed’, their last ever PPV before being bought out by the WWF later in the week. The championship matches on the show were as follows:
- Elix Skipper and Kid Romeo defeated The Filthy Animals (Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio Jr.) in a tournament final to win the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship, with Romeo getting the pinfall on Mysterio.
- Shane Helms defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr. to win the WCW World Cruiserweight Championship for the first time.
- Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire defeated Totally Buffed (Buff Bagwell and Lex Luger) in less than a minute to retain the WCW World Tag Team Championship.
- Following outside assistance from Shane Douglas, Booker T defeated Rick Steiner via pinfall to win the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship.
- Scott Steiner defeated Diamond Dallas Page in a falls count anywhere match to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.
2002 – The night after WrestleMania X8, WWF Monday Night RAW was in Montreal, Quebec. The show is most famous for the debut of Brock Lesnar. Interfering in a Hardcore match between Maven and Al Snow, Lesnar took out both men before delivering three vicious Powerbombs to an unfortunate Spike Dudley. In the main event of the show, Hulk Hogan and The Rock teamed up to beat the Outsiders (Scott Hall and Kevin Nash) via countout.
2005 – HUSTLE PPV 8 was held at the New Sumo Hall, Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo. Only one title was on the line, the HUSTLE Hardcore Hero Title, and it was won Masato Tanaka who was victorious in a Hardcore Battle Royal.
2006 – WWE aired the first episode of Saturday Night’s Main Event since November 2006. The NBC broadcast was main-evented by a Shane McMahon victory over Shawn Michaels. The victory was a reenactment of the famous Montreal Screwjob with Vince McMahon calling for the bell whilst Shane held Michaels in the Sharpshooter.
2012 – In Berwyn, Illinois, SHIMMER held their Volume 47 and 48 shows back to back. Ayako Hamada and Ayumi Kurihara became new SHIMMER Tag Team Champions after beating Leon and Ray on SHIMMER 47, then on SHIMMER 48 Courtney Rush and Sara Del Rey defeated Ayako Hamada and Ayumi Kurihara, Regeneration X (Allison Danger and Leva Bates), and The Canadian Ninjas (Nicole Matthews and Portia Perez) in a four corners elimination tag team match to win the SHIMMER Tag Team belts. Also on SHIMMER 48 Saraya Knight defeated Cheerleader Melissa to become the new SHIMMER World Champion.
2012 – TNA Victory Road was held in the IMPACT Zone in Orlando, Florida. On the show:
- In a Number One Contenders match James Storm beat Bully Ray by pinfall in just over a minute.
- Austin Aries retained the TNA X-Division Title against Zema Ion.
- Magnus and Samoa Joe retained the Tag Team belts against Crimson and Matt Morgan.
- Devon became the new TNA Television champion after beating Robbie E via pinfall.
- The TNA Knockouts Championship was retained by Gail Kim against challenger Madison Rayne.
- A.J. Styles and Mr. Anderson beat Christopher Daniels and Kazarian via pinfall after Styles hit Kazarian with the Styles clash.
- Kurt Angle defeated Jeff Hardy by pinfall.
- In the main event Bobby Roode beat Sting in a ‘No Holds Barred’ match to keep hold of the TNA World Championship.
2017 – NEW March Mayhem is held at the Port Jervis High School in New York. In the main event of the night Cody Rhodes becomes the new NEW Heavyweight Champion after beating Mike Bennett.
Notable Wrestling Birthdays:
- Ethan Carter III / EC3 (1983)
- Taichi (1980)
- Mike Quackenbush (1976)
- Mike Bell (1971)
- Rick ‘The Model’ Martel (1956)
- Lance Russell (1926)