1985 – At a taping of WWF Prime Time Wrestling in Poughkeepsie, New York, Elizabeth Huelette makes her WWF debut as the manager of Randy Savage. Miss Elizabeth (as she would be known) was the real life wife of Savage. The debut was shown on television on August 24th.
1998 – IWA-MS Extreme Heaven was held at Shakee’s Bar in Louisville, Kentucky. On the show Ian Rotten defeated Billy Joe Eaton to win the IWA:MS Heavyweight Title, then later on Adam Pearce beat Cash Flo to become the IWA:MS Lightheavyweight Champion.
2000 – i-Generation held their Rodman Down Under show at the Sydney Superdome in Sydney, Australia. On the PPV:
- The Road Warriors (Animal and Hawk) defeated Public Enemy (Rocco Rock and Johnny Grunge) in an elimination tables match to win the i-Generation Tag Team Titles. (Public Enemy would win the belts back four days later).
- The Barbarian defeated Brute Force (Brutus ‘The Barber’ Beefcake) in a hardcore match.
- Sweet Destiny defeated Brandi Wine by pinfall.
- One Man Gang defeated Tatanka to win the i-Generation Australasian Championship. Tatanka won the title two days earlier, and would win it again four days later.
- Curt Hennig retained the i-Generation World Heavyweight Championship against (basketball star) Dennis Rodman in an Australian Outback Match by disqualification. Hennig would then lose the title to the Barbarian three days later, but would win it back the day after that.
2001 – On an episode of WWF Monday Night Raw in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Booker T defeated Kurt Angle in a No Disqualification Match to become the WCW World Heavyweight Champion for the fifth and final time. Also on the show WWF Light Heavyweight Champion X-Pac beat WCW Cruiserweight Champion Billy Kidman to take control of both titles.
2003 – At the OVW TV Taping in Louisville, Kentucky, Damaja defeated Doug Basham in a Loser Leaves OVW Match to win the OVW Heavyweight Title, forcing Basham to leave the company. (He would turn up in WWE not long after).
2005 – FWA Live in Morecambe was held at the Morecambe Dome in England. On the show Ross Jordan defeated Spud to win the FWA Flyweight Title.
2005 – CZW Tournament of Death IV: Explicit Content was held in New Castle, Delaware. Necro Butcher was the overall winner and as such was awarded the CZW Ultraviolent Underground Championship Belt. The matches were:
- JC Bailey defeated SeXXXy Eddy in a Barbed Wire Madness Match.
- Toby Klein defeated Mad Man Pondo in a Light Tube Ropes & Light Tube Corners Match.
- Brain Damage defeated Beef Wellighton in a 2/3 Ultraviolent Tables Match.
- Necro Butcher defeated Ian Rotten in a Home Run Derby Deathmatch.
- Nick Gage defeated Nate Webb in a Ladders And Lighttubes Match.
- Zandig defeated Robbie Mireno and Eddie Kingston in a Handicap Fans Bring The Weapons Match.
- Necro Butcher defeated Brain Damage in a Fans Bring The Weapons Match.
- Zandig defeated Toby Klein in a 2 Out of 3 Light Tube Log Cabins Match.
- Nick Gage defeated JC Bailey in a Panes Of Glass Match.
- Necro Butcher defeated Zandig and Nick Gage in a Triple Threat, Ultraviolent Boxes, Barbed Wire Canvas, Light Tubes, Squared Circle Of Fear, and Whatever The F**k Is Left Elimination Death Match.
2014 – CZW Dojo Wars 6 was held in Blackwood, New Jersey. In the main event of the show Joe Gacy pinned Shane Strickland to win the CZW Wired TV Title.
2016 – On Day Five of the NOAH NTV G+ Cup Junior Heavyweight Tag League at the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan, Takashi Sugiura defeated Go Shiozaki in the main event to become the GHC Heavyweight Champion.
2017 – Day 19 of AJPW Summer Action Series was held at the Edion Arena #2 in Osaka, Japan. On the show TAJIRI won the AJPW World Junior Heavyweight Title after beating Hikaru Sato.
2019 – AKIRA won the Tokyo World Heavyweight Title when he defeated Kaz Hayashi at the Tokyo Gurentai Tokyo Carnival in Japan.
Notable Wrestling Birthdays:
- Marko Stunt (1997)
- Forastero (1994)
- John Walters (1979)
- El Brazo (1961)