1964 – In Honolulu, Hawaii, Lord James Blears and Neff Maivia defeated Mr. Moto and Nikita Mulkovich for the NWA Hawaii Tag Team Titles.
1976 – Tiger Jeet Singh defeated Seiji Sakaguchi to become the first NWF Asian Heavyweight Champion in Osaka, Japan.
1977 – In Richmond, Virginia, Ric Flair defeated Bobo Brazil to become the NWA United States Champion for the first time.
2001 – FWA: No Surprises III took place at the Pyramids Centre in Portsmouth, England. The FWA All-England Title changed hands when Jonny Storm defeated Guy Thunder.
2002 – WWE Monday Night Raw was held in Greensboro, North Carolina. On the show Chris Benoit defeated Rob Van Dam by pinfall to become the Intercontinental Champion, then in the main event The Rock beat Ric Flair in their first and only ever singles match.
2006 – At APW Gym Wars in Hayward, California, Dana Lee defeated Derek Sanders to win the APW Universal Heavyweight Championship. Lee was immediately stripped of the title after the match due to ‘actions in the APW Boot Camp’.
2006 – CZW Tournament of Death V took place at the Breakaway Tavern in Smyrna, Delaware. The first round matches were three-way elimination matches, the second round matches were 4-way double elimination matches, and the final was a single elimination 4-way match.
- Brandon Prophet and Nick Gage eliminated Andy Sumner in a Barbed Wire Ropes and Light Tubes Match.
- JC Bailey and Drake Younger eliminated Lobo in a Light Tubes and Barbed Wire Spider Webs Match.
- Brain Damage and Necro Butcher eliminated Toby Klein in a Barbed Wire Ropes, Fans Bring The Weapons Match.
- Danny Havoc and DJ Hyde eliminated John Zandig in a Barbed Wire Ropes, Barbed Wire Boards and Panes Of Glass Match.
- Nick Gage and Brain Damage eliminated Brandon Prophet and Necro Butcher in a Fans Bring The Weapons Match.
- Drake Younger and JC Bailey eliminated DJ Hyde and Danny Havoc in a Light Tubes, Ladders and Lemons Match.
- Nick Gage defeated Brain Damage, Drake Younger, and JC Bailey in a Light Tubes, Panes of Glass and Fans Bring The Weapons Match.
2007 – At the PWG Giant-Size Annual #4 held in Burbank, California, El Generico and Kevin Steen defeated PAC and Roderick Strong to become the PWG Tag Team Champions and then in the main event Bryan Danielson won the PWG Title after beating El Generico.
2007 – NJPW Lock Up took place at the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan. On the show Toru Yano defeated Kintaro Kanemura to win the WEW Heavyweight Title.
2011 – Mickie Knuckles defeated Jessicka Havok in the main event of AIW Girls Night Out 4 in Lakewood, Ohio, to become the AIW Women’s Champion.
2012 – On Day 31 of the NJPW 40th Anniversary Tour held in the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan, Kota Ibushi defeated Low Ki for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title. Then in the main event Prince Devitt retained the NWA World Historic Middleweight Championship in a match against Volador, Jr.
2015 – At the taping of Impact at Universal Studios, Orlando, Florida, the Wolves (Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards) defeated Brian Myers and Trevor Lee to win back the TNA World Tag Team Titles that they lost to the same team at the previous day’s tapings. Also on the show, Gail Kim defeated Awesome Kong, Brooke Tessmacher, and Lei’d Tapa in a four-way match to win the TNA Knockouts Championship. In the main event Team TNA (Bobby Lashley, Bram, The Wolves, and Drew Galloway) defeated Team Global Force Wrestling (Brian Myers, Chris Mordetsky, Eric Young, Jeff Jarrett, and Sonjay Dutt) in a ‘Winner Take All Lethal Lockdown’ match. The win gave full control TNA to Dixie Carter, ending the first TNA-GFW invasion angle.
2016 – VPW Vendettaversary VII was held at the Radisson Hotel in Santa Maria, California. On the show Greg Hernandez defeated Will Roberts and Mike Rayne in a 3-Way Match to win the NWA Vendetta Pro World Tri-Force Title, and then Alexander G. Bernard and Jimi Mayhem outlasted the teams of Shane and Shannon Ballard, Espiritu and Vintage Dragon, and Holidead and Thunder Rosa in a Four-Way Tag Team Match to win the NWA Vendetta Pro Western States Tag Team Belts.
2018 – Brian Christopher Lawler committed suicide at the age of 46. Lawler had earlier been arrested for driving under the influence and evading police and was found dead in his cell at Hardeman County Jail, Tennessee.
2018 – Three titles changed hands on Day 11 of the AJPW Summer Action Series in Osaka, Japan.
- The Bodyguard defeated Ryouji Sai for the All Asia Heavyweight Title
- Naoya Nomura and Yuma Aoyagi took the All Asia Tag Team Titles from Jun Akiyama and Yuji Nagata.
- In the main event Zeus beat Kento Miyahara to become the AJPW Triple Crown Champion.
2019 – WWE Monday Night Raw was held in Little Rock, Arkansas. The O.C. (Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows) defeated The Revival (Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson) and The Usos (Jimmy and Jey Uso) to win the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship Titles.
Notable Wrestling Birthdays:
- Scott Steiner (1962)
- Captain Lou Albano (1933)