AEW Double Or Nothing 2 takes place this Saturday and the card looks to be close to finalised. One undercard match that fans have been looking forward to is the innovative sounding Casino Ladder Match. This nine-man ladder match carries the prize of a future AEW World Heavyweight Championship match and on the surface, it does sound like WWE’s Money In The Bank match concept. However, the devil is in the detail and AEW’s twist on the concept sounds intriguing. Two men will start the match before being joined by a new participant every 90 seconds. The winner must grab the casino chip hanging above the ring. The key point is they can do so at any time. No need to wait until all participants have entered the match.
Up until today, eight entrants had been announced. Namely Scorpio Sky, Kip Sabian, Orange Cassidy, Colt Cabana, Ray Fenix, Frankie Kazarian, Luchasaurus and Darby Allin. Today it was announced that the final entrant will be a mystery man who will not be known until the time of the match itself.
Let the speculation begin! An existing AEW talent? A new recruit from WWE? A stand out from the indie scene?
AEW tends to deliver on these sort of surprises so this is yet another reason to get into this PPV alongside an already stellar looking card and the AEW debut of IRON MIKE TYSON!
The show takes place at midnight on Saturday 23rd May and will be broadcast in the UK on FITE.tv. The full card is detailed below:
- Cody vs Lance Archer (w/Jake Roberts) tournament final for the inaugural AEW TNT Championship
- Matt Hardy and The Elite (Adam Page, Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson, and Nick Jackson) vs The Inner Circle (Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, Sammy Guevara, Santana and Ortiz) in a Stadium Stampede match
- Jon Moxley vs Brodie Lee for the AEW World Championship
- Darby Allin vs Colt Cabana vs Orange Cassidy vs Rey Fenix vs Scorpio Sky vs Luchasaurus vs Kip Sabian vs Frankie Kazarian in a Casino Ladder match for a future AEW World Championship match
- Nyla Rose (c) vs Hikaru Shida in a No Disqualification and No Countout match for the AEW Women’s World Championship
- MJF (w/ Wardlow) vs Jungle Boy
- Britt Baker vs. Kris Statlander
- Private Party (Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen) vs Best Friends (Chuck Taylor and Trent) to determine the #1 contender for the AEW Tag Team Championship